Semester 1 reflection

 So far this year’s 12 AP English was another fruitful learning experience for me. The workloads may be reasonably demanding but enjoyable.  This class allowed me to deeply reflect on the many literary works discussed in class. I really liked the idea of having time to read in class so we can prepare for the AP test. The intense discussions about the literary works in class are very helpful. The HARKNESS discussions really shed light on the subtle that are actually key details in the books and plays. For example: Why does Rose want the fence to be built. In order to keep the family together.  Not only is this theory referring to the physical aspect of the family but also kept the characters emotionally attached to one another.  The key details of having an interactive discussion helps me understand these texts from different perspectives, that of other students. The sharing of both mine and of others, with the teacher’s valuable inputs and comments, makes us think and see a broader picture of the world we lived in, how the stories came to life and the depth of each of them.   English is not an average "Read, memorize, apply, take notes, then take the test" kind of class. English requires an active, open analytical approach  outside the boundaries of a textbook and this is exactly what this is is.  I carried on what I learned into my blog, a place of self-expression and creativity in writing. I thought it would be a chore, but it was not, I realized that the blog is an essential tool to help further analysis. It is a place of extension, beyond pen, that produce and displays the content.  It’s a vehicle of articulation. In essence, 12 AP helped me see things from a new standpoint and in a different literary lens. I really enjoyed the class and learned many various aspects of writings. I like to keep things the way they are as they truly help prepare seniors for the upcoming challenging college English including Writing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know what really grinds my Gears? Pt2

Milkman's thoughts

Ways to Remember