Secret behind "Healthy"

 I recently had Yoplait yogurt again after a few years. I remember stacking those empty containers in pyramids. The yogurt is literally ADDICTIVE. They tasted great but and I learned something. Ever since I was a boy I was always fascinated by the long and odd words in the ingredients label which made me conscious of what I eat. Like most "healthy" yogurts that claim "light" or "fat free" they have gelatin, yeah (jello).  Since yogurt is naturally fatty, so it couldn't be marketed as a "healthy" food so they took out the milk fat and added gelatin. The fat is what makes yogurt creamy so companies improvised using extracts, corn starch etc. Gelatin is made from ground up pig bones and kosher gelatin is made from fish bones. Honestly, what makes them taste good is the 16g+ of sugar added. Don't be deceived into believing that it's healthy. Another drink that I love that has a secret, is orange juice. The best breakfast companion out there. Orange juice sweetness that many of you all taste and love is actually an orange bi-product. Oranges don't have a long shelf life and to be profitable, orange juice has to be available any time of the year. In order to fulfill this, oxygen is extracted from the orange to make it last longer as juice. This process however, takes out the natural sweetness of the orange. The sweetness is added back in with loads of sugar and a paste made from orange bi-products, so thats why the only ingredient is orange. The products play a key part of our everyday lives. For this reason I doubt few people care about the side-effects. Well, anyways here is your PSA about the so called "healthy foods". You decide.










Above: This picture is trying to show this brand's "fresh" orange juice. Guess which brand it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuYPdTvqitg (More info on orange juice is found here)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know what really grinds my Gears? Pt2

Milkman's thoughts

Ways to Remember